The College was established on 12th July 1955. It
was shifted to its present site on 12th November 1959 and inaugurated
by the Late Pt. Jawaharlal Nehru, Prime Minister of India. The
College became a constituent unit of Jawaharlal Nehru Krishi VishwaVidyalaya,
Jabalpur, on 2nd October 1964. Thereafter, the Institute of Biological
Products, which was a part of the college, was separated and handed
over to the Govt. of Madhya Pradesh.
The main campus of the college is on 257 acres of land situated
on the Bombay Agra National Highway No. 3, approximately 5 Kms.
from Mhow Cantt and 18 Kms. from Indore. It is well connected by
road, rail and air; the nearest airport being located at 25 Kms.
in Indore. The nearest railway station is Haranayakhedi (Mhow)
on Ajmer-Khandwa meter gauge and Indore on broad gauge. The site
of college is located 574 meters above the sea level. The climate
is tropical with annual rainfall between 35 to 40 inches. The soil
type is medium to heavy black.